What Do We Look For?
Our Maple Leaf Six Sigma resources each have a unique set of experiences, yet there are some common elements we look for.
Required Education and Experience
For many of our roles, including the Black Belt position, we seek individuals with:
- A university degree
- A minimum six years of progressive, professional experience
- Experience in process management or improvement
- Experience in the leadership of difficult initiatives requiring the application of structured problem solving, project management and change management thinking and tools
In addition, successful candidates will have a track record demonstrating, at a minimum, the following:
- Maturity and poise in difficult, stressful change situations
- Constantly and consistently exceeding goals
- Knowing how to get things done though formal and informal networks
- Building appropriate constructive and effective working relationships with people up, down and across, internal and external to the organization
- An openness to candid feedback and coaching
- Being able to understand, interact with and present to senior managers without undue tension and nervousness
- Providing the right information at the right time to the right people so they can do their jobs or make accurate decisions
Candidates should expect to make a minimum three-year commitment in their Six Sigma assignment. In addition, they should be prepared for some out-of-town travel and/or day trips between sites, plants and offices depending on their project work and location.
Need more information on Six Sigma?
For more information specifically on Six Sigma, contact our Six Sigma recruitment department at SVCSixSigmaRec@mapleleaf.ca or to apply, visit our Career Centre for a list of available opportunities.